A Leave In To Believe In—Find the Perfect Leave In Conditioner For You
Your hair responds best to a specific shampoo, and you get the best results from a certain conditioner. You’ve even got styling products that you reach for when you need a certain look. But there’s another category of hair product that you have yet to connect with. A hair product that can make the world of difference in terms of softness and moisture retention. I’m talking about leave in conditioners.
They can be a light liquid product, or they can be thick and creamy. The point is all the same—increased moisture, locked into your hair. If you use moisturizer on your body après-shower, then you get the concept here. But there are so many leave in conditioners on the market, how do you know which is right for you? Here are my top 15 picks broken down by type, so you too can find a leave in to believe in.
Light and Liquid – If your hair needs a product to keep the tangles at bay without weighing it down, consider one of these five popular purified water based spray leave-ins:
- Infusium 23 Moisture Replenisher Leave In
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner
- Oyin Handmade Go Tea
- Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In Conditioner
- Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
Creamy, Not Thick – If your hair texture tends to be a little curly or a little frizzy, you probably need a leave-in with more body to it. Something creamy that won’t weigh your hair down and leave it greasy. These products have a texture that will work for you:
- Giovanni Organic Hair Care Weightless Leave In Conditioner
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In Cream
- Redken Creama Care Daily Nourishing Styling Treatment
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
- Bumble & Bumble Leave In Conditioner
Great For Coily, Curly Hair – if your hair is thick, curly, coily and prone to tangles and dryness, you know you need a great leave in product to lock in moisture before you add a styling product. Here are some of my tried and tested favorites:
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Curls Unleashed No Boundaries Leave-in Conditioner
- Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Delight Daily Leave-In Conditioner
- EDEN BodyWorks All Natural Coconut Shea Leave In
- Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave In Conditioner
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.