A Year in Style: The 5 Biggest Fashion News Stories of the Year
- The Fashion Week Beef –Cathy Horyn and Oscar de la Renta staged quite the argument during the Spring 2013 collections, firing written insults back and forth during New York Fashion Week. With her appearance at his pre-fall show in December, however, it was clear they since kissed and made up.
- The Balenciaga Departure – After 15 years at the helm, Nicholas Ghesquiere announced that he would vacate his role as creative director of Balenciaga, leaving a major role to be filled. As the world speculated, the powers that be brought Alexander Wang to the table, ushering in a new era for the brand.
- The Seating Snafu Slap – We're by no means condoning this behavior, but it was a major discussion of 2012. During seat confusion at Zac Posen's Spring 2013 show, Jalouse fashion editor Jennifer Eymere slapped PR rep Lynn Tesoro over her mother's placement at the already over-attended show.
- The Yves Saint Laurent Name Change – With Hedi Slimane's appointment to Yves Saint Laurent came a subsequent name change, rebranding the storied fashion line to Saint Laurent Paris and inciting more than a few angry followers and fans.
- The Grace Coddington Moment – Though the extraordinarily talented editor first earned her deserved awareness thanks to “The September Issue,” it was the publication of her memoir that really cultivated the Coddington fan club.