I'll admit that I may get more excited about asparagus than most, but I just can't get enough of it in the springtime. It's hard to beat roasted asparagus with olive oil and sea salt, but here are some fun ways to incorporate it in modern vegetarian meals.
1. Use your vegetable peeler to make long ribbons of asparagus for this light yet filling quinoa salad.
2. This baked frittata couldn't be easier. Serve it right out of your baking dish for a beautiful presentation.
3. This coconut Thai green curry could include a variety of vegetables, but I love it with asparagus in the springtime.
4. This fresh, filling stir-fried dish made with millet, asparagus and other spring vegetables is a perennial favorite.
5. Hearty buckwheat crepes stuffed with scrambled eggs, goat cheese and roasted asparagus is a beautiful brunch option.
Contributing Editor, Kate Taylor, is a 20-something photographer and vegetarian cook from Oklahoma. She lives in Kansas City with her quirky black and white mutt, Cookie. Her blog, Cookie and Kate, is all about celebrating good food—real, sustainable food that delights the senses and nourishes the body. Kathryne is an avid supporter of the occasional indulgence and enjoys nothing more than eating good food in good company.