The results are in for Allure magazine's first-ever anti-aging survey and the findings are pretty interesting! The beauty bible conducted the national survey by polling 2,000 men and women to find out how aging impacts every aspect of a person's life, from relationships to the workplace, as well as aging perceptions in pop culture.
The survey found that men found women to be most attractive at 29 while women believed they were the most beautiful at 31. Both males and females agreed that women were sexiest at 30. The perfect age though, according the results? "If respondents could pick an age to be, it would be 21," Allureposted on its website.
Other key findings?
- Men and Women almost agree: 62% of women think they look younger than other women their age and 61% of men think they look younger than other men their age.
- 33% said “old” is the top association with women with gray hair; 45% said “distinguished” is the primary association for men with gray hair.
- Wrinklesare the most revealing sign of a woman’s age, while gray hair is the most revealing sign of a man’s age.
- 63% of men color their hair to look younger, compared with 36% of women.
- 70% of Americans are taking proactive, mainly non-invasive, measures to beat the signs of aging.
- 1% of men and women get cosmetic surgery, injections and or laser treatments; however, 30% who have not had any treatments would consider doing so in the future.
The complete results are in the the April 2013 issue on newsstands nationally March 26th.