An “Overall” Simple Style: Dungaree Dresses
Overall-style pinafores are a thing, once again, having made its way from the fashion archives of the 80s and 90s and back onto our style radar. Are you delighted…or disturbed? If you’re hesitant, keep in mind that these comfy dresses are incredibly versatile. Pair them with a sweater, tights or chunky socks in the winter; throw it over a tank for a cute and comfortable summer look. In other words, they may just be that go-to piece that requires minimal styling efforts yet still works magically all year round. Furthermore, the style is currently available in a number of modernized designs. Leather, for example, gives this seemingly dowdy piece an edgy upgrade. A dungaree dress with a more fitted waist, too, will keep the frock from looking dated.
1. Black Tile Jacquard Pinafore Dress, available at Riverisland.com for $90
2. Alexis Barrell Exclusive Black and White Pinafore Dress, available at My-wardrobe.com for $598.13
3. Moto Clean Denim Pini Dress, available at Topshop for $72
4. Rag & Bone Bedouin Dress, available at Lagarconne.com for $795
5. PU Strap Denim Pinafore Dress, available at Missselfridge.com for $74
6. Grey Stripe Denim Dungaree Dress, available at Riverisland.com for $30