In his usual stylish fashion, David Bowie surprised the world yesterday by releasing his newest single "Where Are We Now?" on his 66th birthday and announcing that an upcoming album would be due out in March. The full record, titled The Next Day, will be Bowie's first in a decade. Welcome back from retirement David, we're glad Major Tom has finally come home!
Though the released track boats a sombre, nostalgic tone, Bowie's fashion sense back in the day was anything but. Step back into the 70s and channel your inner Ziggy Stardust with these pieces that celebrate his iconic style. Donning mind-blowing costumes that consistently included flashy prints, shining tailored blazers, ruffled shirts and a perfectly tied silk neck scarf, do we dare try to pull the look off? Why not!? Oooh, fashion!
clockwise from top left
1. Plain Fedora, available at Topshop for $50
2. Surface To Air 'Coco' Metallic Blazer, available at Farfetch.com for $572.19
3. Plein Sud Ruffle Blouse, available at Farfetch.com for $329
4. Mcq By Alexander Mcqueen Hummingbird Print Legging, available at Farfetch.com for $174.93
5. Dr. Marten's Koram Metallic Boots, available at Dillard's for $130
6. Moon Dust Sunglasses, available at CAST Eyewear for $240
7. Givenchy Printed Silk-crepe Scarf, available at The Outnet for $148.50
8. Dolce Vita Jules Suede Chunky Heel Boot, available at Last Call by Neiman Marcus for
9. Jean Paul Gaultier Vintage Printed Jumpsuit, available at Farfetch.com for $973.60