Call Her Punk Spice: Victoria Beckham Jumps Aboard the Plaid Trend
We really hope you're not tired of plaid yet. Sure, there's been a ton of tartan spotted on our favorite fashion stars over the last few weeks, but with autumn just beginning, we're bound to see much more of the fall friendly print. Case in point: Victoria Beckham's latest photographed look, worn en route to London, which featured a pleated patterened skirt on point with the trend. The hip Isabel Marant piece could have potentially fit in amidst a sea of school girls, but not the way Beckham styled it. The fashion icon took her plaid skirt far from the conservative classroom and in line with the innovative catwalk, taking inspiration from the fall shows of 3.1 Phillip Lim and Dries Van Noten to rock the grown-up grunge look. Heeled booties (hers are Giuseppe Zanotti) balanced out with a casual long sleeve t-shirt provided just the right mix of glamour and simplicity to make this look a wearable weekend ensemble.
1. French Connection Blake Top, available at Johnlewis.com for $62
2. Penny Square Sunglasses, available at Topshop for $32
3. Georgia Large Grab Handbag, available at Johnlewis.com for $138
4. Steve Madden's Black 'Panelope' Suede Booties, available at Steve Madden for $99.95
5. Isabel Marant Etoile Tyme Pleated Skirt, available at Julesb.co.uk for $234.27