Catwalk Copy: Go From Runway to Real-Way Hair
Fashion Week may be centered on style, but no show would be complete without the carefully created beauty that is featured alongside each look. While we may not have a backstage hair crew like the models during New York Fashion Week, two of the most extraordinary catwalk dos can still be created at home by following these tutorials by TRESemmé top stylist, Jeanie Syfu:
Crisscross Braids at Rebecca Minkoff, created by Jeanie Syfu
1. Prep damp hair with the TRESemmé24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse.
2. Rough-dry hair and create an uneven side part from the top of your hairline to your nape.
3. Create another zigzag part behind the ear on the side with more hair. Clip each section away from one another.
4. Back brush each section for added texture before pulling them into ponytails, positioned behind the ears.
5. Tease again with 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray before creating a three-strand braid for each ponytail and wrapping the braids around the head.
6. Tuck the ends under and secure with bobby pins.
7. Seal in the style with Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo.
Voluminous ’70s-Style Curls at Jenny Packham, created by Jeanie Syfu
1. Apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Mousse all over damp hair and begin blow-drying.
2. When hair is dry, section into parts and spritz Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray on each section.
3. Begin curling hair. Use a half-inch curling iron from the ears to the crown and a one-inch iron for the top.
4. Pin up each curled section to hold.
5. Once hair is cool, remove pins and tease for more texture.
6. Polish it off with 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.