For many of us, the New Year comes with resolutions to take better care of ourselves, have more fun, do more good. Who knows what will get pushed to the wayside after a few months, but I think all three of these can be achieved. Doing something for ourselves every now and then has a snowball effect: if you take care of yourself, you can take care of others. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to sneak in a little R&R when you need it most.
There are many ways to visit the spa without breaking the bank or leaving your cozy winter cocoon. At home spa treatments are easy to whip up and even easier to reap the benefits of! Here are a few of my fave types:
The Calming Treatment:
- Bath soak: Add lavender buds (or purchase a soak that contains lavender) for a calming bath that will sooth and relax. You can also create a relaxing bath with herbal tea.
- Add your favorite tunes and candles (if you love lavender, here’s another chance to add it!) to your bathroom oasis.
- Be sure to finish your spa treatment by lathering an emollient-rich lotion to moisturize freshly cleansed skin.
The Rejuvenating Treatment:
- Practice face yoga to increase blood flow and oxygen circulation. Lifting the eyebrows, massaging the forehead, and stretching the neck all help prevent the signs of aging while calming you and prepping you for the day.
- Try a refreshing facemask that contains cooling ingredients such as green tea or cucumber. This will reduce puffiness and wake skin up.
- Either while you let your facemask work its magic or afterward, set aside a few minutes to meditate. I like to think of this as a rejuvenating process because it allows me to become at peace with the present moment, allowing me to move on and feel ready for the next one. The best part about meditation is that it only takes a few minutes to refresh your mind and soul.
The Pampering Treatment:
- Ready for an old fashioned pampering? The first step (literally) is a rose bath soak for soft, tired feet. Simply fill a tub with warm water and toss in some rose petals. Add a few bags of chamomile tea and lavender oil, then sit back and soak your feet.
- Whip up a softening and moisturizing avocado facemask to replenish skin of vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants. All you need are green tea leaves and avocado, mashed and mixed together. Rinse after 10 minutes and you’ll feel better instantly!
- You can never go wrong with a mani/pedi! Since you’re already saving money with all these DIY treatments, might as well splurge on a new color or two!
Hope these ideas encourage you to take time for yourself this month!
Michelle Phan is a young digital pioneer, who trail-blazed her way in the world of fashion; beauty on YouTube. With a growing global community of over 6 million, Michelle’s videos have been viewed more than 1 billion times, making her one of the most watched talents in the digital space. She is an award-winning content creator who produces, directs, stars in and edits all of her own work, and has released over 800 videos since 2007. Her unprecedented, signature video style clean, artful, and expertly edited, with clear, easy-to-follow titles and voiceover instruction helped solidify her position as the #1 Beauty Guru and the 3rd most subscribed female on YouTube.