What are my style and beauty dreams for spring? I dream of warmth, sunshine, and flowers blooming all over Chicago. I dream of flowy maxi skirts paired with embellished tank tops and understated, feminine jewelry and accessories. I dream of matte but fresh, glowing makeup looks, accentuated with lush lashes, understated eyeshadow and a bold lip color for every occasion of the season.
Spring makeup is soft but bright, not heavy or super dark. The typical spring editorial look is pink, peach, bronze and coral – makeup tones that go well with pastels and florals. What works for a mainstream editorial look on a Caucasian model may look washed out or nonexistent on women with deeper skin tones. You can find the perfect lip colors for spring and summer, my fellow ladies of color! You just might have to experiment a bit before finding the perfect one for you.
This season I’ve fallen head over heels for the NEW COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. I already told you that I am here for a lip pencil but allow me to elaborate on what draws me to call this lippie a new drugstore favorite. It’s a CEW Beauty Award finalist product, dontcha know!
The color payoff isn’t highly pigmented, but it’s absolutely effortless to slick on. This isn’t a pencil you have to sharpen, it’s a twist-up balm that slides on like a balm, leaving just the right touch of color. The packaging is perfection for my needs. I love traveling with this lip balm because I can wake up from my airplane slumber, pat on a little powder and apply a little Jumbo Gloss Balm without needing to double check that my lip balm is on right, and disembark from the aircraft looking as pulled together as I need to.
Some colors in the COVERGIRL family are more high impact than others. Here are my five fave NEW COVERGIRL Queen Collection Jumbo Gloss Balms, so you’ll know which colors to check out when you’re browsing your neighborhood makeup aisle.
- Electric Flamingo – If you love pink, look no further. This is soft, bright, and super pretty for spring.
- Disco Punch – this could be the hot, sheer red you’ve been looking for. It’s great for daytime on its own and gains impact for an evening look over a hot red lip liner.
- Juicy Jam – I adore a sexy purple lip, it’s a great look for bellas with deeper skin tones! Juicy Jam is my go-to gloss balm for drama.
- Soaked In Wine – This is the deepest of all NEW COVERGIRL Queen Collection balms, but it’s super wearable. Over a nude or copper lipstick, it’s perfect for every skin tone.
- Jammin Gem – If you’re looking for a deep, sultry brick red for the season, look no further! Such an easy to wear shade.