1. Knitted Skull Motif Jumper, available at Topshop for $80
2. Studded Bucket Bag, available at Nasty Gal for $48
3. Jeffrey Campbell Leather Rumble Boot, available atUrban Outfittersfor $155
4. Oasis Military Car Coat, available at ASOS for $175.90
5. Warehouse Leather Panel Skirt, available at ASOSfor $158.31
6. How You Stack Up Rings, available at Modcloth for $14.99
7. Longsleeve Collar Tip Shirt, available at Topshop for $72
The weather may be getting cooler, but we're keeping things hot this season with lovely layering. To nail the look, get creative by mixing unexpected textures and prints. Choose a general theme or color category, and build off of that. In our example outfit, we stuck to autumn neutrals as our encompassing element, but got daring with leather, thick knits, chiffon and metallic hardware for a unique layering experience. If you're feeling brave, take the layering trend to the next level by mixing different patterns. We like the idea of a printed wool blazer styled over a dress or skirt in a different design. Keep the color shades similar or complimentary, but don't be hesitant to pile on the layers of opposing materials for a harmonious result.