From Runway to Reality: Paradise-Inspired Pieces for Spring 2014
The creative directors at Tracy Reese, Stella Jean, Prada, Marni, MSGM, Just Cavalli, and Marc Jacobs were most definitely dreaming of upcoming vacation destinations when they designed their spring 2014 collections. Not that we blame them. With a polar vortex in their midst, the paradise-inspired prints and sunny palettes of their warm-weather pieces surely brought hope for sunny days ahead. And now those days are here.
With spring in full bloom and summer on the horizon, paradise is becoming a reality. Whether you’re off to tropical destinations like Hawaii or Brazil this season, or simply looking to bring the lush look into your wardrobe at home, our favorite on-trend pieces will pump up your style. A sleek pair of kicks that take you from the beach to the swagger of the street is key. Try PUMA’s lightweight Disc Tropicalia sneakers that flaunt a pretty print inspired by the rain forest and ipê-amarelo flowers. Versatile and supportive, they’ll bring a tropical vibe into your typical daily routine. Other comfortable and breathable closet musts include a neoprene dress, cotton leggings, and a funky tee, all embellished with staples of paradise like palm trees, sunny skies, hibiscus flowers, and clear ocean waters. Now relax, fix a Caribbean cocktail (one for us too), and check out what other paradise-approved pieces we’ve rounded up for you!
1. Emma Cook tropical-print neoprene dress, available at Matchesfashion.com for $509
2. Disc Tropicalia women's sneakers, available at PUMA for $110
3. Zimmermann underwire bikini, available at Matchesfashion.com for $114
4. Tall tropical palm flocked leggings, available at Topshop for $56
5. MSGM tropical fern–print T-shirt, available at Matchesfashion.com for $117
6. Tropical-print snapback hat, available at Charlotte Russe for $10.99
7. Samudra Electric Beach neon palms pouch, available at Shopbop.com for $65