From Runway to Reality: Tapered Summer Trousers
Take a page from the professionals and pick up a pair of tapered trousers this summer. A cool alternative to skinny jeans and other basic pants, the trend showed up on the Fashion Week runways of Alexander Wang, Vionnet, Joe Fresh, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, and Chloé just to name a few.
To get the look, start by finding figure-friendly trousers that fit the mold. They should be hip-hugging, loose around the leg, and then slim again toward the ankle. When styling your trendy new pants, make sure to pay attention to proportions. Keep things slender on top to balance the voluminous shape of your bottom. A crop top or tucked-in tee works. Complete the style with a pair of pumps for a slim finish.
1. J.Crew floral-print cotton tapered trousers, available at Net-a-porter.com for $90
2. Alma linen trousers, available at Whilsles.co.uk for $190
3. Reality Studio “Liu” trousers, available at Farfetch.com for $263.24
4. Paint animal jersey tapered trousers, available at Topshop for $56
5. Thakoon “Addition” tapered drop-crotch trousers, available at Farfetch.com for $886.91
6. Jean Paul Gaultier high-waisted tapered trousers, available at Farfetch.com for $1,910.75