Get Over That Wary Hump and Start Rocking Camel
There's something unexplainably perfect about donning the color camel in your fall and winter wardrobe. Being that it's neutral, it proves easy to incorporate no matter what your style, but is so much more chic and outstanding than any of the other standard color shades. Earlier this autumn, A Lacey Perspective rocked a knee length camel coat, leather tote, and wide brim wool fedora with a white blouse, pants and pumps. Stackable spiked and studded golden hard wear and a pair of tortoise shell shades completed the look. We swooned over the look, as it perfectly paired two lighter neutral shades that we wouldn't necessarily think of putting together during the colder season.
While Lacey has the gift of an evolved style eye, the rest of us can look at Femguide's “Tips For Wearing the Color Camel” article to learn how to properly rock the shade. They, too, suggest pairing toasty camel with winter white, as well as with other autumn-esque colors such as rusty reds and dark browns. They also remind us to be careful about not overdoing it with the neutrals, and to try to add a pop of color somewhere in the look.
To jump onboard the camel train, check out our favorite wardrobe must-haves in the shade!
1. MAXMARA Fiaba Pencil Skirt, available at Matchesfashion.com for $462
2. Hermes Leather Bracelet Gold and Camel, available at Hermes for $153
3. Rachel Zoe Coco Suede Pump, available at LastCall.com for $100.45
4. Topshop 'Ultimate Crombie' Coat, available at Nordstroms for $178
5. Valentino Camel Stitched Tote, available at Shopbop for $1072
6. 7 For All Mankind Floriane Light Camel Ankle Bootie, available at Footnotesonline.com for $295
7. Knitted Step Hem Jumper, available at Topshop for $80
8. Alexander McQueen White/Camel Silk Scull Scarf, available at Alexander McQueen for $295