Olivia Palermo’s choice outfit to the MoMA PS1 dinner event earlier this month kept to a basic black and white color palette, but blew us away with its perfect pairing of multiple textures and styles. A consistently flawless fashionista, Palermo began the ensemble with a knee length white lace dress in a conservative but chic silhouette. A trendy black and white striped cropped jacket spiced up the sweetness of the frock, which she cinched with an embellished chain belt. Also embellished were her black satin pumps, which made a statement with feather clad ankle straps. For a pop of color, she chose a blue leather gemmed clutch and a gold metal cuff. Considering the many seemingly clashing pieces pulled together in one perfect outfit, we’re not surprised savvy stylist Palermo was the creative behind the look. Our affordable version of her ensemble is perfect if you’re easing into making bold choices with your clothing. Though daring in its fashion forward combination of very different styles, the look is still subtle in that it keeps to a consistent dubbed down color scheme.
1. JOIE Rori dress, available at Revolveclothing.com for $338
2. Marco Bologna striped cropped jacket, available at Farfetch.com for $519.75
3. Metal Zig Zag Bracelet, available at Free People for $19.95
4. Bandolera Black Studded Skinny Wrap Belt, available at Glam-net.com for $60
5. BCBGMAXAZRIA Tribal Flap Clutch, available at Dillard's for $145.60
6. Metal Zig Zag Bracelet, available at Free People for $19.95