We've said it before and we'll say it again—girls with curls rule the world. And while we're stating our personal mane mantra, one more thing—the wilder, the better.
Clearly you can see why we're 100% obsessed with this look that James Vides created for the AW11 DANNIJO Presentation. Here, he shares his tips for creating a similar voluminous look at-home:
1. Start with damp hair and apply a volumizing mousse throughout, combing the product through with your fingertips from the roots to ends.
2. Rough dry your hair with a blow drier and apply more mousse for extra volume if necessary.
3. Before styling, prep hair with a volumizing hair spray, like Sally Hershberger Salon Texture Blast ($24 at SallyHershberger.com).
4. Using a triple barrel curling iron, take a small section of your hair and clamp down with the iron, approximately 1 inch away from your roots. Hold for 2-4 seconds, and continue clamping down the hair until the entire lock is wavy.
5. Once whole head of hair is wavy, brush the hair out and tease random sections to make the style as big as possible.
Wear your hair out or braided to one side.