Glam Book Report: 5 Summer Beach Reads
Summer is here and it's time to catch up on your reading while you’re sunning your bod on your chic new beach towel. Whether you’re looking for hilarious short stories or a fashion-related read, there’s a novel for you in our Glam Book Report.
- Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld: The newest novel from the author of Prep, Sittenfeld has a gift for crafting unforgettable characters. You’ll be thinking about this one long after you put it down.
- The Hundred Dresses: The Most Iconic Styles of Our Timeby Erin McKean and Donna Mehalko: McKean and fashion illustrator Mehalko (Henri Bendel) have collaborated on chic and comprehensive guide to all things dresses. A must-read fashionistas everywhere.
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris: Simply hilarious. Whether this is your first or fifth foray into Sedaris’s witty world, pick up this book now and thank us later.
- The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls: Arguably not quite as engrossing as Walls’s 2006 memoir The Glass Castle, The Silver Staris still an imaginative and enthralling tale.
- Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returnsby Lauren Weisberger: It’s the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. Andy Sachs is back and karma’s a bitch. Need we say more? Be sure to check out our interview with author Lauren Weisberger on the new novel.