From constructing elaborate costumes by hand to designing beauty looks that shock and awe, Halloween brings out the inner artist in everyone. I’m no exception. I was inspired to re-create a recent beauty editorial featured in Vogue Paris’ November issue that would pair nicely with the slew of sexy catwomen and edgy super heroines that will be unleashed for the haunted holiday. Skip the risk of losing the adorable mask that arrived with your costume, and focus on the many spooky soirees on your agenda this week. Happy Halloween!
1. Prime the lids with L’Oréal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base.
2. Outline the frame of your brows with the Lorac 3-in-1 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Black, stopping just above the outer corner of the eye. Draw a lightly dotted line across the eyes and nose bridge to connect the corners of the frame.
3. Old drag tip: Use a glue stick to seal the brows and create a flat surface applying the glue down to the root and brushing them in the direction of growth.
4. Use a concealer brush to fill in the frame to the dotted line with the Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in “Must Have.”
5. Pat on Laura Mercier’s Satin Matte Eye Colour in "Dark Spirit" over the cream liner. Don't worry about shadow fallout.
6. Use an angled brow filler brush to drag the eye shadow under the eyes half an inch down the face. Feel free to smudge with your fingers for an even consistency.