Happy Thanksgiving + A Recipe for Your Leftovers
I just wanted to wish you all a Happy, Healthy, and Delicious Thanksgiving! We'll be back to blogging on Monday… and you can expect lots of holiday gifts guides, shopping tips, recipes, cocktails, and more! In the meanwhile, here's a tasty recipe for your Turkey Day leftovers courtesy of La Bottega eatery in NYC. Enjoy! xo
- A pizza stone
- A round pizza cutter
- A spatula
- 5oz. Pizza dough (basic pizza recipe)
- 3oz. Roast turkey meat
- 2oz. Traditional thanksgiving day stuffing
- 2oz. Sweet potato puree
- 2oz. Cranberry sauce
- 2oz. Turkey gravy
- .5oz. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven with pizza stone at 400°F.Press out pizza dough until it reaches 9 inches in diameter. Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Place dough in on stone in oven. If you don't have a pizza stone a flat baking pan will do. Just remember to grease it with a little olive oil so the dough doesn't stick.
- Bake for 4 minutes and let rise slightly; the dough should not brown at this stage.
- Take the dough from the oven and slice in half with a bread knife.
- Smear one half with sweet potato puree and the other with cranberry sauce.
- Building from the sweet potato side, add the stuffing and spread evenly. Pile on the turkey and drizzle with gravy.
- Close the pizza with the cranberry sauce side and slightly press down.
- Place back in the oven for 3 minutes and let brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and cut into 6 equal sized pieces.