How to Dress Like Your Favorite Indie Bands: Alice Glass of Crystal Castles
Electronic noise pop and experimental indie rock duo Crystal Castles has been making haunting dance tunes since forming in Toronto in 2004. Back on the road and promoting their latest album, III, 8 years may have passed since their start, but it doesn't look like they'll be stepping away from music anytime soon. Aside from their killer hits, Crystal Castles' longtime popularity is also a result of brilliant musical originality. Alice Glass, the group's vocalist, isn't your typical contemporary female singer. Over the synth undertones and static melodies, her shrill, emotional vocals consume the audience. In her usual uniform of a worn-in tee, black fitted skirt, ripped tights, destroyed converse or boots, and a hoodie, military or moto jacket, Glass looks like a modern day riot grrrl. Get her look by accessorizing with thrift store pieces, dark eyeliner, and a no-nonsense, fearless attitude.
1. Won hundred® leather dash moto jacket, available at Madewell for $690
2. Elizabeth and James Benedict Retro Cat's-Eye Sunglasses, available at Saks Fifth Avenue for $185
3. Black Textured Bodycon Skirt, available at Topshop for $32
4. Real Eyes Realize dripping heart boyfriend t-shirt, available at Farfetch.com for $79
5. Supernova Amethyst Cuff, available at Nastygal.com for $110
6. Sixtyseven Metal Plate Ankle Boot, available at Urban Outfitters for $188
Another indie band we love? Fellow experimental group, Metric! Learn how to get front-woman Emily Haines’ glam rocker look after the jump.