How to Get Beach-Inspired Waves
Even if you don't spend every day at the beach this summer, your hair can still look like you did! It's easier than you think to create natural, sexy “just back from the beach” waves.
1. Wash and condition hair. Towel-dry by flipping hair over and gently squeezing out excess water.
2. To damp hair, apply a curl-defining mousse, such as the alcohol-free L'Oréal Everstyle Curl Activating Mousse/Gel. Comb, don't brush, the product through hair with a wide-tooth comb for touchable hold without the crunch. This alcohol-free styling line will give you natural waves without drying out your hair, ensuring there is no residue or buildup.
3. For fine hair, or if you'd just like to amp up your volume, spray roots with a volumizing spray like nondrying, alcohol-free L'Oréal Everstyle Volume Root Lifting Spray. Using a round brush, dry only the roots to secure volume.
4. Twist the rest of your damp hair away from face into sections and secure to head. Use a flat bobby pin to avoid kinks. The thicker the twists, the looser your waves will be.
5. Blow-dry twists with a diffuser and keep the nozzle moving constantly.
6. If your hair already has a natural wave, you can remove your twists when hair is 70 percent dry and let it dry on its own. For straight hair, continue blow-drying until twists are dry.
7. Remove twists and separate waves with your fingers, tousling them gently for added volume. With a few spritzes of L'Oréal Everstyle Strong Hold Styling Spray, you can seal in the style and add shine minus the stiff or sticky finish.