How to Throw a Super Bowl Bash on a Budget
Football doesn’t have to mean all hot-dogs and beer. You can make your Super Bowl party tasty and tasteful. Try these four easy tips to throw the ultimate bash on a budget! Dawn Sandomeno and Elizabeth Mascali, co-owners of Party Blueprints and authors of the new book Plan To Party, explain how to save time and money. Here’s the game plan…
1. Go bulk with your bar: Limit your bar to three selections and buy a lot. Serve beer, wine and a non-alcoholic beverage, like lemonade or ice tea that you can serve in a pitcher. Save with wine in a box (try Duca del Frassino for $19.99). Each box houses approximately 4 bottles and lasts up to 5 weeks. Party-goers can help themselves and the wine makes a great match-up for party foods, and is sure to be the fan favorite with your female guests.
2. Serve food tailgate style: Serve guests a simple, yet stylish spread that will tackle the biggest of appetites! Since most will be eating sans table, substitute the greasy, sticky dishes for these simple recipes that can be prepared right before game-time.
· Flatbread Pizzas: Easy to make and serve- add sliced mushrooms, garlic, basil, mozzarella cheese, and bake. Cut into 4 inch long slices.
· Greek Salad Skewers: Alternate feta cheese cubes with cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives. Drizzle olive oil over skewers, sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
· Reposado Wings: Give this game day favorite a twist by combining rosemary, lime juice, salt, pepper, Partida Reposado Tequila and cilantro. Marinate wings overnight and bake while you’re getting dressed for the party.
· Don't forget the chips: Toss the greasy, fatty, typical chips and opt for healthy multi-grain chips. Serve with a pre-made dips for easy entertaining.
3. Dress it up for the game: Who wants to do dishes after a party? Serve food on colorful paper plates in your favorite team's colors! BONUS – no messy clean up!
4. Create a Super Sundae Brownie Bar and themed cupcakes: Make football shaped brownies and decorate with icing. Or try simple cupcakes with special football toppers or decorative liners to create a sporty dessert that will wow guests! Shortcut: use a boxed mix for easy preparation.