Miami Fashion Week Swim: Beach Bunny’s Long & Lovely Locks
Unsatisfied with the idea of just one look when it came to dreaming up styles for Beach Bunny's Resort 2014 runway, lead Tresemme stylist, Tyler Laswell decided to branch out into two Madonna-esque styles: one very high, long ponytail and one very high long ponytail with a pop.
“There's the simple ponytail and there's the one pop, the surprise in the show – this crazy look a high high pony tail,” he explained backstage to Glam.com
To top it all off, he went extension happy. So happy in fact, that when placed side by side, all of the extensions used for the runway measured 1,100 feet! Though layering in extra strands of hair may not be a reality from day-to-day, Laswell's two looks are fully re-creatable when toned down. Here's how to emulate his '90s inspired look from the Material Girl.
- Dampen roots with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
- Taking small sections, apply TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Serum and TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to the roots
- Using your Mason Pearson brush, gather hair into a high ponytail
- To step it up a notch, make a long ponytail and braid it. Starting at the bottom, wrap extra long extensions all the way up to the base.
- Add texture with TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo
Faux Hawk Fishtail:
- Separate a rectangular section from the top of your hair and pin it out of the way
- Dampen hair with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
- Work TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel through damp roots and brush the hair into a super tight, high ponytail on top of the head
- Create a simple braid with the ponytail and wrap the end with extra long extensions (2-3 sets) until you reach the base
- Unclip your top section and rough dry quickly with your fingers to add texture and height at the roots
- Starting at the hairline, create the faux hawk fishtail braid:
- Separate hair into two section
- Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside left section over the top of the left section and under the right section
- Repeat this step by pulling a thin strand of hair from the outside right section, over the top of the right section and under the left section
- Alternate sides, weaving hair until you reach the end of the entire ponytail
- Once the fishtail is complete, rough it up with your fingers and finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray