#NYFW Spring 2011: Retro Glamour at Minnie Mortimer
Backstage at Minnie Mortimer's Spring 2011 Runway Show, stylists were busy recreating the retro beauty of pinups from yesteryear. Hairstylist Sean James and his team used Rene Furterer products to create darling ‘dos that are sure to satisfy any gal who fancies nostalgic strands.
Here's how to get the look at home:
1. Work Rene Furterer Volumea Volumizing Foam ($23 at Sephora.com) through the hair. Not only will the product give you volume and hold, but will also protect the hair from the heat of the styling tools.
2. Brush while you blow dry to smooth frizziness.
3. Split hair into sections and roll the hair around the barrel of the curling iron from the root, holding it until you see steam rising from the hair.
4. Loosen the iron and slide the hair out, creating a “sausage” to pin. As you wrap the hair, spray it with Rene Furterer Vegetal Finishing Spray (available for purchase in France only; will be available stateside in October 2010).
5. After you have completed each section; brush out, sculpt with Rene Furterer Glossing Spray (will be available stateside in October 2010), and set with Rene Furterer Vegetal Finishing Spray.
As for makeup, black eyeliner and sultry red lips completed the pinup-look. The sexy cat-eye was achieved with Jouer black liquid eyeliner along with Make Up Forever lashes. Jouer Lipstick in Simone (available at JouerCosmetics.com for $22)—a striking bright red—gave each girl a voluptuous pout. Lastly, strong brows framed their faces beautifully.