Our Favorite Eye Shadow Shades for Fall (+ How to Wear Em!)
OUR EYE MAKEUP ROUTINES just got a whole lot easier. Smashbox takes the guesswork out of finding the perfect fall shades with its photography-themed Photo Op Eye Shadow Trios. Not only does the color stay put all day without creating dreaded shadow fallout (when you’re left with dust and pigments around your eyes), but the shadows are ultra easy to apply, gliding on smoothly and evenly. Even eye shadow novices will feel comfortable applying these gorgeous fall shades. Wear the hues alone or mixed together, or follow our guide to creating a super-easy shadow combination.
Light Speed is one of the brighter trios in the Photo Op collection, but the colors are still appropriate for daytime wear. Peacock contains a hint of shimmer. For an all-matte palette try Aperture.
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Light Speed, featuring Butter, Peacock, and Azure.
- Swipe Butter from the lash line to the brow bone.
- Apply Azure across lid. (Tip: Try Smashbox Tapered Shadow Brush #7.)
- Line lid with Peacock across the lash line.
Auto Expose features a pale pink, wine, and a charcoal. Burgundy is one of fall’s hottest shades-we couldn’t wait to wear it, and the results were stunning.
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Auto Expose, featuring Parfait, Cabernet, and Ash.
- Apply Parfait from lash line to brow bone.
- Wash Cabernet across lid.
- Contour Ash in the crease. (Tip: Use Smashbox Crease Brush #10.)
Focal Point is the ultimate trio for green-eyed gals, but even blue-eyed babes and brown-eyed girls can wear this trio all together or individually for a chic fall look.
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Focal Point, featuring Champagne, Flamingo, and Java.
- Swipe Champagne from lash line to brow bone.
- Apply Flamingo across lid.
- Contour with Java in the outer crease.