Put Your Best Face Forward for Earth Day
Face it: you may be smart about what’s healthy enough to go in your body, but what you put on your body is a very different story. With Earth Day right around the corner, it’s time to wise up. A killer face that gives makeup mavens something to clamor for doesn’t have to be drenched in chemicals that are bad for you and the environment. There are plenty of products that are cruelty-free and vegan, certified organic, or made with pure minerals. Out with the parabens, sulfates, and formaldehydes; in with the green goodies with ingredients you can actually pronounce.
1. Tarte Maracuja Cheek Tint, $25 at TarteCosmetics.com.
2. Obessive COmpulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars, $14 at OCCMakeup.com.
3. Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer, $14 at ButterLondon.com.
4. NVey Beauty Eye Shadow Palette, $63 at EcoNveyBeauty.com.
5. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Lash Boosting Mascara, $9.95 at PhysiciansFormula.com.
6. Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum, $32 at TarteCosmetics.com.
7. Bare Escentuals Matte SPF 15 Foundation, $28 at BareEscentuals.com.
8. Origins Quick, Hide! Long-Wearing Concealer, $15 at Origins.com.
9. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeliner, $12.50 at AlimaPure.com.