Put your trusty LBDs in storage and turn towards the light! According to designer Rebecca Taylor, now's the time to add a sunnier staple to your wardrobe--the Little White Dress--which is her proclaimed must-have this season. After her own sunshine-filled trip to Turks and Caicos, Taylor created nine day-to-night looks inspired by her new beachy obsession. The result is a capsule collection that ranges from button down eyelet sheaths to stretchy fit-and-flare frocks, ranging from $325-$395 and set to launch this June. Not sure what to wear, where? Here's what the designer had to say about each of her creations:
1. I think this is perfect weight for when the weather gets really hot . It can even work as a beach cover-up.
2. This shape is really flattering and modest enough for the workplace. It's a cool alternative to a sheath.
3. The light crepe material makes this super comfortable but still dressy enough for a brunch or dinner with friends.
4. Ideal for lounging in the park or by the lake.
5. I'm a bit of a 'tomgirl' so I feel like this is like the dress version of a cotton poplin tee, which I love.
6. This dress is perfect for a daytime outing such as a museum outing. It looks great with a pair of little sandals.
7. This shirtdress is a feminine take on a shirtdress. I love the eyelet detailing. It's great for brunch.
8. This is definitely an attention-getting dress--one to wear out on the town!
9. I just imagine this to be the ultimate bridal shower dress or another special occasion dress like a graduation--such a pretty, feminine shape.