Robyn Lawley’s Collection = Plus Size Swimsuit Amazingness
In years past, finding a chic and stylish plus sized bathing suit was like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. More often than not, customers were left wanting more than the usual unflattering 1920’s-esque cuts and unfortunately garish prints. Not anymore. Thanks to designers like Monif C, and the incredible capsule collection by Gabifresh for Swimsuits For All, a new era for fashionable swimwear in a variety of sizes is upon us. And now, internationally admired Australian model Robyn Lawley—the first plus-size model to be featured in a Ralph Lauren campaign—is here to throw her hat into the ring.
Made for women in the oft-overlooked 8 to 18 her collection is currently available for pre-sale on MadisonPlusSelect.com. Everything I’ve seen is absolutely stunning, complete with unique cuts, feminine prints, and the kind of on trend details that plus size women have been longing for. Let’s get into my five favorite swimsuits of the collection:
- The She Said One-Piece is everything, then some and a little bit more. The color and the cut is sexy, classic, and effortlessly chic.
- The New Romance Bikini is so on trend, it’s a brilliant investment for the season. This is made for this summer’s crop top trend.
- The Almost French One-Piece is serving sexy lingerie realness in the sand. Cut outs and lace and corset molding, ooh la la!
- The Ultra Indie Scoop One-Piece would look perfect paired with cut off jeans at any of this summer’s music festivals. This dragon fruit print is muy caliente.
- The Cosmic Libra Adjustable Bikini might be the breakout star of the collection. It’s so right and ready for the 90’s style resurgence happening now. Plus the floral print adds a sexy innocence.
Robyn Lawley’s suits range in price from $140 to $194. Which will you be adding to your swimsuit arsenal in August?
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.