With a warmer season approaching, it's time to restyle our ensembles to evoke an aesthetic more fit for sunnier days. Our favorite pastel from the spring 2014 runway was the icy shade of powder blue that graced the catwalks of Honor, BCBG, Burberry, and Jill Sander--and it should be making a home in your closet as soon as possible. Lupita Nyong'o's placid blue Prada gown at the 2014 Academy Awards solidified that the shade was sure to be a winner this season, captivating onlookers with its muted yet beautiful brilliance. Our styling suggestion? As the weather warms up, keep things frosty by adding cool metallic accents to your icy blue look, but choose materials and silhouettes that are spring and summer appropriate to balance out the 'brr.'
1. Tibi Cropped Raffia-effect Cotton Blend Top, available at Net-a-porter.com for $325
2. Tibi Cropped Raffia-effect Cotton Blend Skirt, availableNet-a-porter.com for $625
3. Le Specs Black Lagoon Shades, available at Nastygal.com for $70
4. Oscar de la Renta Gold-plated Crystal Clip Earrings, available at Net-a-porter.com for $235
5. Herzog Python Clutch, available at Khirmaeliazov.com for $895
6. Oversized Shirt, available at H&M for $34.95
7. Jeffrey Campbell Harlock Sandal, available at Nastygal.com for $162