Style Setters: Beauty Insider, Heather Park
As the Director of Digital of @NARSissist, Heather Park has not only an enviable job but an enviable vanity, given her access to endless NARS products. On top of that, she encompasses a wealth of social media experience, making her an influential individual in both the digital and beauty world.
Given her talent for both beauty and digital, we asked Heather about everything from her makeup must-haves to her beauty regime after a full day of shows, parties, and endless social media updates.
What 5 products are always in your makeup case during Fashion Week?
- NARS Concealer (stick): When you’re running from show, to office, to backstage, to show, the dark circles catch up with you. The stick formula is emollient without being too thick & creamy, with just the right amount of coverage without being cakey.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Terre de Feu: Nothing says, “fierce” quite like a bold lip. Terre de Feu is an elegant blackened cherry shade that creates a sophisticated, bold fall lip, without being too goth or vampy.
- NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Veneto: Black eyeliner is a staple. When I’m looking extra squinty-tired, I tend to create that kohl-rimmed look to make my eyes pop and look more awake.
- NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower: I’ll admit, I was really intimidated by this blush when I first looked at it, but have since fallen in love with it. Nothing makes you look alive like a healthy flush o your cheeks – just a dab will do. The formula is SO lightweight and easily blendable, I don’t think I’ll ever hit pan!
- Suvana Paw Paw and Honey Balm: This is the organic, petroleum-free version of Rosebud Salve. After my publicist friend turned me on to the perils of petroleum (your body develops a dependency on it for moisture), she gave me a tube of this – my life has been forever changed. It was typically only available in Australia, but I just found out that the Spirit Beauty Lounge site carries them. (they’re also a makeup artist secret staple!)
Where do you get beautified? Nails? Waxing? Massages?
For nails, I’m a loyalist to Jin Soon’s Natural Hand & Foot Spas. I’ve known Jin for years, and she’s a close friend and someone who I truly admire in the industry. Whenever I go there for a mani/pedi, I swear it will last twice as longer than any other place. Unfortunately, I’m a sucker for a fast, cheap Chinese Tui-Na massage – nowhere in particular, just whenever I have a few moments to kill. $45-$50 for an hour? You can’t really beat it….
What is the first beauty treatment you’ll enjoy post Fashion Week?
Definitely a pedicure and facial! Two things that will instantly make you feel (and look) alive again!
Please explain your nightly beauty regimen after a full day of shows and makeup.
NEVER go to bed with makeup on, no matter how tired. I use the NARS Oil-Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover to get rid of all the heavy-duty things (eyeliner, mascara, sometimes even lipstick), then the NARS Gentle Cream cleanser (obsessed with the smell of it), tone with Multi-Action Hydrating Toner, then the Optimal Brightening Serum.