Always ahead of the trends, Dina Fierro launched her blog, Eye 4 Style years before it was cool, and has since lapped many in the world of social media. While she manages strategy for fashion clients at HL Group, she's built a reputible following for her own personal brand, bringing her sassy remarks on fashion, fitness, and social trends to the world through Twitter, Instagram, Viddy, and Pinterest.
What is the first social media platform you look at in the morning and the last you check before you go to bed at night?
Twitter, and...Twitter. Seriously, it's no coincidence that I answered this question in 140 characters or less.
Who are your favorite five to follow?
While I'm a ruthless editor at heart, asking me to narrow down my follow list to just 5 is borderline barbaric... but heeere goes:
- Vanity Fair Fashion Director @carlscrush, for fighting the good fight against bagels. They are the enemy, you guys.
- People.com Style Director/Author @andilavs, for her unwavering commitment to the #Bachelor and all subsequent franchises.
- "Writer and person" @GaryJanetti, also known as @MrBradGoreski's boyfriend, seems to say everything that I want to say, but succinctly, and with greater wit.
- Lucky editor and menswear savant @JohnJannuzzi often seems to have always woken up on the wrong side of the bed (in the best way possible.) He tweets pics of English Bulldogs (best) and unironically (?) retweets marketing messages from @BurgerKing. You've been warned.
- Entertainment and culture writer @SamLansky was an extraordinarily clever and gracious gift given to me by @mtvbuzzworthy, who likely belongs on this list as well.
What hotspots will you be frequenting this season?
I had a killer Russian dinner at Mari Vanna in Flatiron recently, and I'm dying to go back. Russians are just so chic, in that 'too much is just enough' kind of way. The Rooftop at The Jane for drinks is on my list. And when a craving for sweets hits, I'll be visiting Prohibition Bakery on the Lower East Side. They make super-indulgent alcohol-infused cupcakes - my fave is the Irish Car Bomb, which incorporates whiskey, Bailey's and stout.
What new platform are you most excited to use during Fashion Week?
I'm planning to re-embrace Viddy this season, which is a lot like an Instagr.am for video. I actually launched one of the first brand channels on Viddy well over a year ago, with HUDSON Jeans and I think that the new upgrade makes it even more brand and fashion-friendly. I'll also be using Pose (I'm a power user there) to share my outfits as well as looks from the shows daily, it's a really great way to connect with followers on multiple platforms.
What was your first Tweet?
I've actually tweeted with such dedication and vigor (almost 28k times in 4+ years) that services like Newborn Tweets and My Tweet 16 cannot bring back a definitive result. Likely something existential and Pink Floyd-influenced like "Hello...is there anybody out there?" The answer was yes.