Summer Desserts to Try
Summer makes me think of all things light and citrus. It’s the perfect time to break out a refreshing drink or a light dessert to share with a crowd.
- Honestly, I’ve always wanted to try these Roasted Sweet Corn Popsicles. What a perfect last minute touch for a backyard barbecue!
- Peaches ‘n’ Cream Cupcakes?! This is #1 on my “to-make” list this summer.
- Lemon Cake simply sings summer to me. I love the use of DIY bunting sticks as a last minute touch.
- Refresh with your favorite citrus beverage in a cup that’s decked out with flower shaped cupcake liners. The kids and ladies will go nuts over this one!
- Meringues are light and airy, just like the perfect summer!
Melissa Johnson is the Founder and Creative Director of Best Friends For Frosting. A self-taught baker, she used the experience she gained from working at three different bakeries to launch Best Friends For Frosting, making her the entertaining expert and dessert stylist she is today. Her expertise has been exhibited on QVC, In The Kitchen With David, America’s Test Kitchen, Easy Food Magazine, Foodspotting, Amy Atlas, Craftzine, The Tomkat Studio and The Party Dress Magazine.