These five pieces are a staple for any woman's closet—fashionista or otherwise. Missing something from this list? Don't fret: We've found you options for under $50!
1. A Statement Necklace Every girl needs one attention-grabbing piece of bold jewelry she can throw on whenever her outfit needs an extra boost. Our pick for a statement piece is a classic pop-of-color statement necklace, easy to pair with a T-shirt or a cocktail dress. Our favorite style? A bib necklace never goes out of style and always looks fresh and chic.Editor's pick: Bauble Bar Turq Elsa Necklace, $42
2. A Good BraFirst piece of advice: Go get fitted! The lingerie department of your local department store should be able to give you a proper (and free) fitting. No more squeezed sides and straps cutting into your shoulders. I love the Modern Coverage collection from Vanity Fair®, not only for the fabulous price but also because the bras are incredibly comfy and flattering.Editor's pick: Vanity Fair® Modern Coverage Front Close Underwire Bra, $34
3. Dark Skinny JeansThese are the jeans you could potentially wear to work, meaning they're dark and sleek enough to look dressy, not sloppy. They can also double as great pants for a night out. If skinny jeans aren't your thing, try a pair in a slim boot-cut. A slim leg means you can wear them with cute flats or tuck them into boots. Editor's pick: American Eagle Skinny Jean in Tinted Rinse, $45M
4. A Classic Black PurseWhile it's fun to collect clutches, totes, and other bright, stylish bags, every glam girl needs a classic black bag. When you want your outfit to do all the talking, a sleek, classic black bag to pair with it will allow your ensemble to shine. This purse should be "fancy" enough to wear to a party and casual enough to bring with you to the office.Editor's pick: Street Level Convertible Cross-Body Envelope Bag, $42
5. Nude WedgesNude wedges are great because they can take you from spring to summer to fall. The nude color elongates your legs, a universally flattering look for everyone. The wedge heel means you'll be more comfortable in these shoes than you'd be if you were wearing sky-high stilettos. Nude wedges can be paired with everything from your dark-rinse skinny jeans or a little black dress to a floral cocktail dress or a cute pair of shorts. Trust us—these will be your new go-to shoes!Editor's pick: Aldo Pone Wedges in Beige, On Sale for $30