The Best Spa Treatments in 5 Big Cities
Big cities are all hustle and bustle, and visiting one of America’s biggest metropolises can be a stressful experience in and of itself. If you’re planning a trip to somewhere large, busy and glamorous, a spa trip can feel like a necessary escape to recharge your batteries. Some of the world’s finest spas can be off the beaten path and feel like a complete escape (take for example, Miraval in Arizona) These spas I’m about to get into offer blissful respite from the bustling surroundings they’re nestled in, and these treatments I’m recommending will restore your inner peace even after you’ve left.
1. Los Angeles
- The spa – Spa Montage. For a truly Beverly Hills spa experience, escape Los Angeles and book a day at Spa Montage. The facility offers 20,000 square feet of pampering and indulgence. You can check in early and enjoy the mineral pool and dry sauna, and then treat yourself to the massage/facial/body treatment of a lifetime.
- The service – The Ultimate Escape is a 60 minute Swedish Massage followed by a 60 minute Customized Facial. Get your life!
- Other recommendations – Burke Williams, Spa Benjamin.
2. New York City
- The spa – Aire Ancient Baths. There are modern spas, and there are timeless spas. Aire Ancient Baths offers a taste of an experience that dates back to the Roman Empire. Guests immerse themselves in pools of varying temperatures, and are massaged for predetermined periods of time. The ambiance and the experience are said to be unparalleled.
- The service – The Champagne Experience isn’t all about drinking champagne. It involves a 30 minute soak in Cava, while your body drinks in the anti-aging, antioxidant benefits of everyone’s favorite bubbly beverage. Decadent!
- Other recommendations – Haven Spa, Mario Badescu.
- The spa – The Peninsula Spa. The Peninsula Spa is renowned and beloved as a destination escape for Chicagoans with a penchant for luxury. The ambiance is luxe and the space is so relaxing and quiet, it feels almost sacred. The spa is part of the esteemed Espa chain (), which guarantees a high quality European style spa experience.
- The service – The Half-Day Spa Journey involves two hours of your choice, from the Destress massage and facial to the Immune Booster wrap and full body massage – choose your adventure.
- Other recommendations – Allyu Spa, The Ruby Room.
- The spa – Mandarin Oriental Miami Spa – Paparazzos may lie in wait for the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore in the Mandarin Oriental Lobby, but you may be more likely to spy a famous face in the quiet meditation spaces of the sumptuous spa upstairs. With gorgeous aquatic views and plush luxurious pampering spaces, it’s one of Miami’s best relaxation experiences.
- The service – Kundalini Journey – This one of a kind spa service combines massage with aromatherapy, color, sound and gemstone therapy to get you centered, at peace, and spiritually renewed.
5. Las Vegas
- The spa – Vdara. Vdara sets itself apart from Las Vegas, and if you’re seeking respite from the casino and clubbing scene you should definitely book yourself a room. Vdara is a hotel without a casino, entirely dedicated to the spa escape experience.
- The service – The Indian Jasmine Flowers Hold Life Ritual is 80 minutes of sensory bliss and relaxation involving deep massage and incredibly fragranced, pure jasmine oils. Expect to leave and feel like you’re on a magnificently scented cloud above all the noise and chaos of Vegas.
Contributing Editor, Patrice Grell Yursik is the creator of Afrobella.com, one of the first blogs to celebrate the beauty of natural hair and ladies of all skin tones and sizes. Affectionately called the Godmother of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice takes her readers inside unique beauty, fashion and cultural experiences.