The Scalp Treatments You Need to Have a Flake-Free Summer
The secret to strong, healthy, shiny, and soft strands starts at the root, and n unhealthy scalp can hold our hair back from its full potential. Many scalp related issues stem from the hardened sebum (oil) that clog hair follicles, which causes scaling and can reduce functionality of the follicle. But a good scalp treatment can work wonders to remove product buildup, treat dandruff, clear the path at stimulate hair roots for speedy growth. Here are a few of our follicle-friendly findato keep your tresses in top shape:
1. Salon Series by Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Treatment, available at Ouidad.com for $36
A favorite of editors and mane mavens alike, the cleansing cream is enriched with a botanical complex of fennel seed extract to stimulate roots while a blend of natural AHA's and bamboo gently exfoliate for a refreshed feeling right out of the shower.
2. DHC Scalp Massage Pack, available at DermStore.com for $22
The purifying mask is packed with Kaolin clay to absorb excess oil and algae extract to clear the clutter on you scalp. Plus, in lieu of an average deep conditioner, avocado, macadamia, and olive oils condition the scalp and add shine to your mane.
3. Alterna Caviar Clinical Exfoliating Scalp Facial, available at Sephora.com for $36
With a handy bristle applicator, the scalp facial is infused with microbeads of active fruit enzymes to slough off sebum and product buildup. The formula also contains Seasilk, which provides much needed moisture.
4. Kiehl's Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment, available at Kiehls.com for $20
Using micronized Apricot and Argan exfoliators, this dermatologist-tested treatment sloughs of the rough stuff from your scalp while vitamin-rich Vitreoscila Ferment balances the skin to restore balance to the skin before you even shampoo!
5. Phyto Phytopolleine Scalp Stimulant Universal Elixir, available at Beauty.com for $38
If your locks are thinning or losing their luster, this pre-shampoo treatment combines botanical oils like lemon peel, rosemary, sage, and cypress to clear away the clutter on your scalp and allow for the easy absorption of root boosters.
6. Kérastase Initialiste Advanced Scalp and Hair Concentrate, available at Kerastase-USA.com for $60
In just seven days this concentrate revitalizes from root to tip with the help of ceramides and SP94 to reduce hair breakage. Massaging the moisturizing elixir onto the scalp stimulates scalp circulation leading to stronger hair.
7. Restorsea Revitalizing Scalp Treatment, available at Restorsea.com for $150
Along with its signature Aquabeautine XL enzyme to exfoliate, this treatment is also infused with ginseng root extract to help fight thinning tresses and alaria esculena extract to hydrate the scalp for siren-worthy strands.
8. ESPA Pink Hair & Scalp Mud, available at ESPASkincare.com for $69
The spa brand has branched out to bring its best to your bathroom. Using a blend of rich red clays, apricot kernal oil, and watercress, the mask not only nourishes locks but also stimulates circulation for stronger hair growth.
9. Balanced Guru’s Scalp Detox, available at BalancedGuru.com for $23
If your green thumb goes beyond Earth Day, Balanced Guru's blend of Oregano, Tea Tree, and Rosemary essential oils can be the astringent your scalp needs to gets its sebum in check. Plus, with added ingredients like algae, sea kelp, and brahmi, your tired roots will be rejuvenated in the process.
10. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Purification Masque, available at Target.com for $10.59
If you need a little intensive treatment, this mask blends a plantain enzyme with tea tree oil and willow bark extract to purify the scalp while multitasking coconut oil nourishes and seals in moisture for a healthy mane.