Bethenny Frankel isn't just shaking up the latest cast of the New York Housewives, she's also back and serving up delicious low-cal cocktails, just in time for the holiday season. In her fifth book, Skinnygirl Cocktails, Frankel is extending her reach into party-planning, with expert tips, appetizer recipes, and of course, guilt-free cocktails. With Halloween right around the corner, there's no better time to cut calories from drinks to make room for chocolate! Here a few to add to your menu:
The Good Thyme Girl
- 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl® Cucumber Vodka
- 1 ½ parts lemonade
- 1 ½ parts watermelon juice
- Leaves stripped from a 2-ince sprig of fresh thyme, plus a small sprig for garnish
- Fresh watermelon ball/ slice for garnish
Combine the vodka, lemonade, juice, and thyme leaves with ice in a cocktail shaker and shake until well chilled. Double-strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish on the rim with the thyme sprig speared into the melon ball.
Pink Lemon Drop
- 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl® Meyer Lemon Vodka
- ¾ part orange or citrus liqueur
- 1 ½ parts lemon sour mix
- 3-4 fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries
- Lemon wheel for garnish
Muddle the raspberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka, liqueur, sour mix and ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel on the rim.
Spicy Jalapeno Margarita
- 3 parts Skinnygirl® Margarita
- Two ¼-inch slices jalapeno chile, seeds removed
- Chili powder or Mexican chili seasoning with coarse salt, for rimming the glass
- Lime peel, for garnish
Muddle the jalapeno slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Pour the Skinnygirl® Margarita over the jalapenos. Add ice and shake well. Rim a rocks glass with the chili powder mixture and pour in the margarita. Garnish with a lime peel.