Grab your partner, dosey doh, and fall back into farm style with fashionable overalls. While the ensemble is a rancher's standard, think less cattle herder and more modern day, 90s chic when going about trying the trend. Skip the cropped top and the scrunchie and channel 2013 when styling this throwback. If you're set on a looser look, keep the legs wide but the bottom cuffed and fitted to your ankle. Make sure the top and straps fits snuggly as to not go overboard with the baggy fit. The reoccurring style when it comes to wearing overalls this year, however, is a fitted silhouette from top to bottom; not skin tight but tailored to fit your body. Leather and velvet are haute materials that will automatically add a sense of grown up sophistication to the stereotypically childlike piece, and paired with sleek pumps, a silk blouse underneath, and bold jewels, you'll be rocking overalls in a whole new way. When donning a jean pair, keep things laid back and classic with chunky, heeled booties and a blazer on top. The trend is definitely daring, but when styled appropriately, you'll be looking less Backstreet Boy and more High Street Woman.
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Leather Overalls, available at Net-A-Porter for $1400
2. Topshop Velvet Overall Romper, available at Nordstrom for $76
3. Boy. By Band of Outsiders, available at The Outnet for $148.50
4. Free People Sexy Raw Hem Flared Overall, available at Ebay for $99
5. Siwy Corduroy Overalls, available at Far Fetch for $365