3 Delicious And Easy Recipes For Your Next Tailgate Party
Blogger and YouTube personality Julianne Cronin loves football season — and a good tailgate party. But honestly, who doesn’t? Food and drink are two of the best parts of gameday, which is why she has created three fun recipes for a tailgate party, including football shaped sandwiches, single-serving chili, and, of course, a seasonal spritzer. See how she makes these deliciously themed snacks and drinks in the video above.
- Dark rye bread
- Turkey or ham cold cuts
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced Colby cheese
- Lay your bread out on a cutting board, and use either a football shaped cookie cutter or oval container to cut football shapes out of the bread.
- Spread mustard on bread slices, and then layer in your cheese and cold cuts. Use your cookie cutter to remove any excess meat and cheese.
- Add mayo to a squeeze bottle and use it to make the laces of the football on the top of the sandwich.
Chili On The Go
- Cornbread muffins
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped chives
* You will also need mason jars
- Take a cornbread muffin and cut it horizontally into three thin discs. Drop one of the discs into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Fill the rest of the mason jar up about three-quarters of the way with warm chili.
- Top the chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chives; seal the jar with a lid.
Helpful tip: Don’t forget your spoons and pack the jars in an insulated bag to keep the chili warm.
Citrus Rosemary Spritzer
- Lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 liter club soda
- Optional: Alcohol of choice
- Combine the lemon zest, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, and rosemary in a pot. Boil for one minute until the sugar has dissolved and syrup remains. Let cool.
- Strain the syrup into a pitcher and add ice and club soda. If you choose to add alcohol, mix in now.