Disney Released Its Cookie Fries Recipe—And OMG They’re Magically Delicious
Since making the decision to temporarily close its parks in March, Disney has been finding new ways to share its magic with the world. To help bring families together while social distancing, the company has been releasing recipes for some of its most iconic treats, like churro bites (yum!) and now the famous cookie fries.
These delicious chocolate chip cookie fries are usually found on the menu at the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney's Beach Club Resort, but the recipe is ridiculously easy to recreate at home. In a blog post, the company says a batch yields about 32 cookies fries — “the perfect serving size for a small gathering of friends or a family dinner” — and only requires nine ingredients, all of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
Comparable to biscotti, Disney says these crunchy cookies fries are best served with sweet dipping sauces. At the park, they come with three — marshmallow cream, chocolate, and strawberry purée — but you can whip up whatever you like, or use whatever you have in the fridge. Trust us, they're good with almost anything — including your morning cup of coffee. (No judgement here!)
Oh, and did we mention they are plant-based? That's right, vegetarians and vegans can enjoy this dessert, too! Check out the recipe below.
Disney Cookie Fries Recipe from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Instructions, per the Disney Parks Blog:
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and margarine in bowl. Beat until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer and blend.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut dough into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Now, try not to eat them all at once!
You might also like:These Cookies ‘N Cream Skillet Brownies Are Sweeter Than Your Ex