These Mini Lemon Meringues Will Melt In Your Mouth
Next time you’re craving a classic lemon meringue pie, try these mini lemon meringues instead. We flipped the traditional recipe on its head with toasted clouds of zesty meringue topped with tart lemon curd and graham cracker crumbles. The result? All of the lemony flavor packed into a two-bite treat.
Just keep in mind that while they are quick to prepare, meringues must be cooked slowly so the outside is crisp and the inside is chewy. Trust us, though, the wait is worth it. When cooked correctly, these mini meringues melt in your mouth and tickle your taste buds.
Check out everything you need to make this delightful dessert below, then follow our short step-by-step video tutorial.
Mini Upside-Down Lemon Meringues
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Lemon curd
- Graham crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Separate eggs; whisk egg whites in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and cream of tartar, then beat mixture until frothy. Gradually pour in sugar, still beating mixture until stiff.
- Using a scraper spatula, fold in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Spoon dollops of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Top with a spoonful of lemon curd and graham cracker crumbles. Serve.