Who needs a beau when brownies can be baked? (Kidding, kind of.) Seriously, though, with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to treat yourself to something sweet. Chock-full of ooey-gooey fudge, crushed cookies, and smooth mascarpone cheese, this recipe, courtesy of our friends at Wisconsin Cheese, will warm your heart. Plus, thanks to the store-bought brownie mix, it couldn’t be easier to make. Read on for everything you’ll need.
Cookies and Cream Skillet Brownies
Active time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 35 – 40 minutes
You'll need: a 10-inch cast-iron skillet
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature (we recommend BelGioioso Mascarpone for its smooth, creamy finish)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, adding egg(s). For best results, substitute milk for water and melted butter for oil when preparing the mix.
- Beat the mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, and one egg in a large bowl until blended. Crush 10 cookies into crumbs, and fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Pour 2/3 of the reserved brownie batter into greased skillet; dot with mascarpone mixture. Spread the remaining batter over top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the remaining cookies into pieces; sprinkle over top. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. The key to making a skillet brownie is making sure the brownie is slightly underdone so it’s soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional toppings, like warmed hot fudge, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, as desired before serving.
We’re not drooling, you are.
You might also like:These Brownies Are Made Specifically to Soothe PMS