Two toast worthy things in my book: color and cocktails! And since I know a lot of you feel the same way —especially when it comes to PARTY TIME - I thought it would be fun to create a "buffet" of cocktail ideas inspired by the colors in Pantone's Spring 2013 fashion palette, which happen to be especially fabulous this year! And despite the fact that this round-up is inspired by their spring palette, these cocktails can definitely compliment colors used in parties hosted year-round.
With that said, here are some toast-worthy recipes for your spring soirées and beyond. Cheers!
Cocktail Recipes, in title:
- Shaken Nectarine Cocktail, Inspired by: PMS 16- 1360 (Nectarine)
- Strawberry Beer Lemonade, Inspired by: PMS 17- 1664 (Poppy Red)
- Midnight Blue Margarita, Inspired by: PMS 19- 3964 (Monaco Blue)
- Elderflower Champagne Cocktail, Inspired by: PMS 12- 1008 (Linen)
- Lavender Gin Cocktail, Inspired by: PMS 16- 3520 (African Violet)
- Meyer Lemon Sour, Inspired by: PMS 13- 0756 (Lemon Zest)
- Blue Hawaiian Cocktail, Inspired by: PMS 14- 6011 (Grayed Jade)
- Cucumber Mojito, Inspired by: PMS 14- 0446 (Tender Shoots)
- Breezy Blue Cocktail, Inspired by: PMS 16- 1420 (Dusk Blue)
- Chocolate Peppermint Martini, Inspired by: PMS 17- 5641 (Emerald)
Have any favorite drink recipes that coordinate well with these colors too? I'd love to see them—please share links here! They just might come in handy for another hostess planning to use "Monaco Blue" or "Red Poppy" for her party. ;)
Contributing Editor, Jennifer Sbranti is a graphic designer and founder of Hostess with the Mostess®. HWTM brings stylish entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website, creative online community, and popular daily blog. Sbranti’s ideas have been featured in media outlets such as The Today Show, People, InStyle Weddings, Pregnancy, and Everyday with Rachael Ray. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband (& HWTM co-founder) Sonny Sbranti and their two young daughters, Macy & Rylie.