10 Subtle Ways to Flirt
Ever wondered why he didn't ask for your number?
Truth is, there are an infinite number of reasons why guys don't take the bait you think you're dangling. Good news! There are a few things you can do to up your chances. Step up your game and give these flirty tips a try—next time you just might end the night with several new additions to your little black book.
1. Wear a Flirty Scent. Fragrance has a powerful effect on our senses; spritz on something delicious that will linger in his mind long after you've parted ways.
2. Touch and Laugh. Tenderly place your hand somewhere safe and noninvasive—such as his shoulder or forearm—somewhere non-invasive, but also unnecessary. You want him to know you did it on purpose.
3. Listen and Respond Effectively. We all know what it's like to have our carefully thought out words met with a muttered “yeah” or “uh-huh,” so engage yourself in the conversation so he know's you're really interested in what he has to say.
4. Wear Bold Lipstick. Drawing attention to your mouth is never a bad idea. It shows that you're confident enough to pull off a fierce look, which is always a plus!
Shiseido Perfect Rouge in Day Lily, $25 at Sephora.com| Clarins 'Rouge Prodige' Lipstick in Red Prodige, $24 at Nordstrom.com | Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle in Spellbinding Violet, $34 at YSLBeautyUs.com
5. Face Him. Turning your body towards him and mimicking his posture is a great way to communicate your interest without uttering a word.
6. Flash Your Pearly Whites. Smiling very well may be the oldest trick in the book, but it's also one of the most effective. Showing him your sweetest, most genuine grin is a surefire way to let him know you dig him.
7. Wear Dangly Earrings. It will draw attention to your neck and décolletage, which happen to be erogenous zones. And then he'll start to think…
8. Say His Name. People love hearing their names, especially from someone they like. Say his name frequently in conversation and you'll definitely get his attention.
9. Play With Your Hair. Hair is one of the sexiest accessories a woman has, so use it to your advantage! Bonus if you just washed your locks with a fantastic smelling shampoo!
L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo, $6.99 at Drugstore.com|Klorane Nourishing Treatment Shampoo with Mango Butter, $18 at Drugstore.com| Unite Smoothing Shampoo, $27.50 at UniteHair.com
10. Wear what makes you feel sexy. Confidence is always in style. When you feel good about yourself, it'll shine through—and he'll surely notice.