5 Cleansing Cloths You Need to Know About TEST
5 Creative (and Social!) Ways to Give Back
Brittny Drye, Love Inc. http://loveincmag.com/
With a new year ahead and resolutions fresh on our minds, why not keep the momentum of holiday giving going, too? There are plenty of creative ways to contribute to the community, from card designs to care packages. If one of your goals for the new year is to spend more time with family and friends then you're in luck, because each of these activities is more fun when you do it with a friend. So grab a pal and lend a hand with these five charitable ideas that you’ll love doing year-round.
- Organize a clothing sale: If you have a flair for fashion, organize a pop-up clothing sale with friends. Encourage locals to donate new or gently used items and then tag them at resale values. Tap into your talent by styling mannequins with the donated goods to inspire shoppers. Donate the proceeds to your favorite charities.
- Throw a charity-themed cocktail party: Infuse your love of entertaining by giving back to your community with a charity-themed cocktail party. In lieu of desserts or wine, ask guests to bring designated items (winter coats, baby necessities such as diapers and formula, professional work clothing, etc.). Raising awareness and gathering items for those in need is certainly worth toasting to.
- Party with a purpose: Turn your birthday party into a celebration for others. The Birthday Project is an incredible organization that brings joy to homeless children through the magic of birthdays. You can donate gifts, create a website for a birthday fund-raising goal, or volunteer with your family at the Birthday Project's monthly themed parties.
- Make cards: Whether it’s with your kids or your crafty pals, spend an evening creating cards for the troops or the elderly. A table filled with papers, stencils, embellishments, stamps, and stickers will send any artist (young or old!) into overdrive, and the result is sure to bring a smile to someone’s face.
- Assemble an assembly line: Care packages for the military, goody bags for the homeless, and healthy brown-bag lunches for shut-ins are just a few ways you can lead a team of do-gooders, assembly-line-style, in giving back to the community.