5 Tips for Eating (not over eating) at a Steakhouse
1. Order a salad as your main dish. Steak houses are famous for their salads, and some like this gorgeous one from EPIC Roast House in San Francisco even comes with steak on it so you can get a taste of steak without gorging.
2. We know they taste delicious, but avoid heavy sauces, such as creamed spinach or the butter based sauces served with filet mignon. Those sauces are high in fat and calories.
3. Order up sides of vegetables, like green beans, asparagus, mushrooms. You can even order two sides, cut your steak in half and ask the waiter to put it in a doggie bag. Better to fill up on vegetables than on steak! That steak will taste extra delicious in a salad or sandwich the next day.
4. Look for dishes that are grilled or fire roasted not sauteed. To cut even more calories choose chicken, seafood or pork tenderloin.
5. Steer clear of the bread basket. With lots of delicious things to eat, you don't really want to fill up on bread, do you? Ask the waiter to take the bread away if you can. Reward yourself with fresh fruit, sorbet or sherbet for dessert. You earned it!
[tags]dieting, healthy, steak, vegetables, tips[/tags]