8 Fun Ways to Party with Glitter
Readers that have followed my blog for a while have probably noticed that I have a soft spot for glitter… okay maybe I should be more clear: I LOVE glitter! If you look at just about every party I’ve style you’ll find at least a little sparkle stowed away. It just does such a great job of making any occasion feel extra special and really brings out that festive vibe that every celebration should have.
With the holidays upon us already, there’s more reason (or excuse!) than ever to bring on the sparkle – in everything from invitations and decor to edible treats! So I thought it would be really fun and timely to share a round up of some of my very favorite ways to “party with glitter”…
1. Ombre Glittered Initial: Add a pop of glam and personalization to any celebration with a wooden or paper mache letter all decked out in glitter!
2. Glittered Spoons: Glam up your wooden or plastic utensils for a fun & pretty presentation. You can accomplish this by painting on some Mod Podge and pouring on the glitter – or simply adhering a piece of glittered paper.
3. Gold Glitter Dipped Lemons: Glittered lemons? Why not?! This is a playful way to embellish your party tablescape. I actually recently glittered some limes for a holiday fiesta party too!
4. Glittered Lined Envelopes: Make invitations feel extra fancy with some glittery envelope liners. You can buy glittered paper by the rolls ad Paper Source or Michaels.
5. Glittered Frames: This is one of my favorite easy ways to bring on the sparkle & add a girly flair to any party. Plus, they really make those all-important party signs or photos shine!
6. Sparkly Cake Pops: Edible glitter!? Yes, please! Plenty of local bakeries and Etsy vendors offer sparkly treats like this nowadays, or you can shimmer up your own homemade (or store-bought!) treats with edible Disco Dust.
7. Glittered Animals, Cupcake Toppers & Bows: Okay, so there’s really 3 separate ideas here… but check out how cute they look together!
8. DIY Glittered Crowns: These darling lace crows are surprisingly easy to make using a little lace, some fabric stiffener, and some glitter spray or brush-on sparkle paint. Click here to check out the full DIY tutorial. From pint-sized birthday girls to the glowing bride-to-be, I’ve actually found that “kids” of all ages love these pretty head pieces!
Contributing Editor, Jennifer Sbranti is a graphic designer and founder of Hostess with the Mostess®. HWTM brings stylish entertaining ideas to light through an inspirational “how-to” website, creative online community, and popular daily blog. Sbranti’s ideas have been featured in media outlets such as The Today Show, People, InStyle Weddings, Pregnancy, and Everyday with Rachael Ray. Sbranti resides in San Diego with her husband (& HWTM co-founder) Sonny Sbranti and their two young daughters, Macy & Rylie.