’90s Throwback to Jelly Sandals
First Birkenstocks, now jelly sandals: we're delving straight into the 1990s, and we're only kind of sorry about it.
Despite how much we've developed sartorially in the past 20 years, those funky synthetic sandals we all wore once upon a time are back in style and they’re big. It appears that most of our favorite designers and stores are behind this throwback trend, because jelly sandals are popping up everywhere in a wide assortment of styles and prices. You'll be able to find them in every color of the rainbow this season and styles range from bows to studs and heels to platforms. Embrace the '90s throwback in its entirety with a chic pair of white platforms or the classic clear glitter shoe we couldn't get enough of at age 8. Though jelly sandals of all varieties bring back the kind of fashion nostalgia that we've tried to forget for years, we have to admit that they are a playful summer accessory that are worth working into your sun-filled repertoire. Let's just hope that Floatie Flip-Flops don’t make an equally dramatic return.
1.Valentino Rockstud PVC Jelly Sandals in Black, $295.00
2. Stuart Weitzman 'Glogladius' Jelly Sandal, $245.00
3. JuJu Footwear Babe Jelly Heeled Sandal, $49.00
4. Jack Rogers Georgia Jelly, $68.00
5. Kate Spade New York 'Filo' Jelly Sandal, $78.00
6. BCBG Paris Lucinda Gladiator Sandal, $34.95
7. JuJu Maxi Mega Glitter Slingback Flat Jelly Sandals, $38.11
8. Armani Jeans Jelly Colorblock Sandal, $130.00