Oh, Valentine's Day dressing—it’s crucial to incorporate the cupid couture in there somehow, but a mess of pinks and reds may turn heads for the wrong reasons. Not to worry—we've styled your party look for you. An ensemble of heart-clad chaos was cute during the days of passing out candy to classmates and crushes, but now there's a better way to incorporate the holiday theme into your look without going overboard. The goal: to create an outfit that evokes the feelings of romance and the right amount of Valentine's Day fun but one that also remains sophisticated and stylish.
We fell in love with a burgundy-and-white miniature-heart print at the Burberry fall-winter show earlier this season, so when we found a dress in a similar pattern, for a fraction of the price, we were ecstatic. The beautiful oxblood is a welcome change from the typical Valentine’s Day colors, and it’s a shade that looks terrific on almost everyone. Detail the dress with themed charms—stacked gold Valentine’s Day rings, a heart-pattern bag—but create the rest of your trendy outfit using a chic color palette of camel and black. The perfect balance of festive details and sophisticated styling choices will take your sweet Valentine’s Day party look to the next level.
1. Double-breasted coat, available at Zara for $79.99
2. Rag & Bone floppy hat, available at Rag & Bone for $175
3. Heart Print Oversize Clutch, available at Accessorize for $18
4. Wine heart print dress, available at Dorothy Perkins for $44
5. Heart Adorn knuckle ring, available at Shopprimadonna.com for $5.99
6. Lip Lock Love midi ring set, available at Shopprimadonna.com for $6.99
7. Michael by Michael Kors York ankle booties, available at Macy’s for $149.99