Catch The 1970s Fashion Fever With Faux Fur
This season, we're looking to the 1970s for inspiration. Our obsession began when Issa London, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Versace gave a '70s feel to their fall 2013 collections at Fashion Week back in February. Then, stills of Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle and Christina Applegate in Anchorman 2, both due in theaters this December, emerged, featuring the actresses decked out in throwback trends from the disco decade.
With so much focus on this fun and fashionable decade, we couldn't help but get hooked. Our favorite style from the '70s is most definitely funky, fuzzy coats, either with fur lapels or shaggy all around for extra bohemian flair. We've rounded up 8 of our favorite faux fur pieces fit for the 1970s for you. For dressed up affairs, pair your favorite over a patterned wrap dress and chunky pumps. Don't overlook your retro coat during the day though. With a tailored pair of wide leg pants or flared jeans, you'll be chic and stylish in your vintage inspired ensemble. Finish off the look with oversized sunglasses, a wide brim felt hat, and leather boots with a lift.
1. Grey and Cream Mix Faux Fur Coat, available at DorothyPerkins.com for $110
2. Unreal Fur Two Tone Short Fur Jacket In Cream and Black, available at ASOS for $329.26
3. Faux Fur Vest, available at CWonder.com for $148
4. Midnight Textured Faux Fur Coat, available at Dorothyperkins.com for $119
5. Grey Faux Fur Collar Leather-Look Waterfall Jacket, available at Newlook.com for $65
6. Boxy Fur Gilet, available at Topshop for $130
7. Michael by Michael Kors Brown Faux Mink Moto Jacket, available at Mywardrobe.com for $467.49
8. Kaliko Faux Fur Collar Classic Coat, available at Johnlewis.com for $322