If you're going with the tent and sleeping bag Coachella experience, you're going to need more than, well, the tent and a sleeping bag. To keep cool in the warm California sun (see what we did there?), invest in an elevated tarp to hide out under. An extra large one can partially shade your tent but setting up a smaller version right next to it works too. Pack some folding chairs and an easy-to-wash fleece throw to sit on underneath it. Another necessity to keeping cool is a roomy cooler stocked with hydrating snacks, dry ice and jugs of water. Along with the big bottles, bring a collapsable vapur water pack that can slip into your purse during shows. Although there are outlets to plug into at Coachella, a surged portable charger is a smart tech accessory to pack in case you're unable to get to the station. And if you do get a chance to use them, use a power strip to charge multiple appliances at once.
Notable mentions: sunscreen, bug spray, your favorite pillow, duct tape, bungee cords, wipes, trash bags, napkins, plastic plates and utensils
Any other essentials we've missed?
1. Johnson & Johnson Safe Travels First Aid Kit, available at Target for $4.84
2. The North Face Sleeping Bag Aleutian 2S BX 40-Degree Sleeping Bag, available at Macy's for $89
3. NEBO Quatro 75 Flashlight, available at Target.com for $34.99
4. Portable iPhone Charger, available at Uncommongoods.com for $35
5. Jason's Super Power Strip, available at Modcloth.com for $19.99
6. Vapur 0.4L Funsize 2Pack, available at Target.com for $19.99
7. Coleman Steel Belted Cooler, available at REI for $109.95
8. Kelty Noah's Tarp, available at REI for $59.95
9. Timber Creek Leopard Folding Chair, available at Academy.com for $4.88
10. OSP Designs 36''Square Blow Mold Table, available at KMart for $66.94
11. REI Kingdom 4 Tent, available at REI for $389
12. Home Classics® Geometric Fleece Throw, available at Kohl's for $3.19